Welcome!

Erianne is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She is serving in the Texas Houston South mission from Feb 1, 2012-August 2013.

Mission Address: Sister Erianne Avery
Texas Houston South Mission
602 Eldridge Road
Sugar Land, Texas 77478

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

LOVE!!


My Family!!! :D

This week I've realized even more how much love God gives us missionaries to share with His children! I love so much quicker here in the mission field than I ever have before. We are teaching this cute cute Martinez family and I just LOVE their kids sooo much. I want to save my stories with them to share with y'all on mothers day, but just thought I'd share that quick thought. :)
  
It sounds like everyone is doing great back home. Dad you asked about my mormon.org profile and yes, President showed mine to the whole mission in the zone conferences haha embarrasing huh? You guys can go on and check my profile out! You should make one too. That is what we are committing our members in the ward to do cause it's a great tool for sharing your testimony. We hand out mormon.org cards all day long to people on the street so the word is out! We also use lots of mormon.org videos in our lessons. The church is definitely staying up to date with technology! We also just got new phones and I feel dumb cause it's so nice and I feel like I've lost my touch with electronic devices... :/ guess that's what I get for not dealing with technology much anymore.

I have lots to tell you about, but I want to save stories for Sunday too, so this may be a little bit shorter.

This week has been great! We saw lots of miracles, especially in church yesterday. We got 7 investigators to church! We usually only get 2-3. We also got a couple to church that we had only contacted on the street, but they enjoyed it so much that we are going to teach them on Wednesday night. It's cool because we had a meeting with President Saylin last week and he promised us that as we pray for specific people to teach (those that will build the kingdom of God here on earth) the Lord will provide. We are seeing that blessing come about because each one of our progressing investigators--and a few of our prospective investigators-- are soo strong! It's awesome. When we pray for specific things the Lord will provide specific blessings.

So this week I met a women who is a 'prophet'... she was very interesting. Man, I hate running into people on the streets who tell me what I believe and it's completely wrong! There are sooo many misconceptions about our beliefs, and it's sad when the people are too hard hearted to listen to the truth. This lady kept saying that we worshiped Joseph Smith and so we sang to her, "I believe in Christ" and the spirit was there, but right when we finished she started up again saying "Why did you only sing Christ, and not Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is our Savior not only a person." Oh man... Sometimes after talking with people like that I just ride off singing on my bike songs like, "Put your shoulder to the wheel push along."

Did I mention how HOT it is getting here?! I think I'm going to die before it even hits summer. I'm really nervous! :/

On Friday night we get a call from a very fresh returned missionary who is in our ward. He got home from Peru 2 days earlier and he was calling us to see what he can do to help, give rides to investigators, etc. I couldn't help but laugh cause I think I'm going to do the same when I get home. It's nice having someone that understands the work and can help us. So he came with us to an appointment that night, and the investigator is very interested he had lots of questions, but we weren't able to teach him what we wanted to because he 1. talked way to much and 2. he had lots of questions. So when we got out of the lesson Dustin, the RM, called us on his way home and said, "how did you feel about that lesson?" Then he went off giving us LOTS of advice and constructive criticism. :) We felt kinda dumb because that lesson wasn't our best, and here was a RM who was a zone leader who sat in on the lesson and thought we were the worst missionaries ever probably. Oh well! We live and we learn. Next time we know what to do better. :)

Kailey and Alli, you should see if you can go out with the Sister Missionaries one night in our area! They would LOVE your help. Mom and Dad you too. I'm sorry this is so short, but all the big things that happened this week I want to share with you on Sunday night! I can't wait to talk with y'all!

I pray for you daily!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Erianne

No comments:

Post a Comment