Oh My goodness.... I can't believe that this friday is my year mark
as a missionary! The time has gone by so fast. I never thought I'd say
it, but I feel like it's slipping through my fingers now. Having a new
companion this week has made me think back to the beginning of my
mission and how different I feel now. I feel like a different person
from when I first came in.
So yep. I have a new companion fresh out of the MTC! Her name is
Sister Workinger and she is from San Diego California. People here think
we're sisters. She is only 19! It's funny to see how people here react
to her cause she looks sooo young. It's been a good week, but I feel
like all my weaknesses are magnified as a trainer cause I want her to be
the best missionary, but my faults are still there that she gets to
"look up to". Oh well.... I'll just be doing my best!
I've still been really sick this week, but there is no way I'm
staying in on her first week here. Haha It's been funny cause I have no
voice, so she's had to talk probably more that she would have liked to
her first week here. I hope she's really ok with that.
Yesterday I finally decided to ask for a blessing from the elders
at church, and right after the blessing my voice was perfect, but it
only lasted half way through the afternoon. I'm just trying to drink
lots of airbourne that the members have given me!
It sounds like y'all have been a little bit sick too!? I pray for
your health lots! I hope the cold isn't getting to you too bad. Everyone
down here is talking about the crazy cold in Utah. How are you handling
it?
Today it's 77 degrees. I'm loving it!
So... I'll try to update you on everything this week. I'm having an
inner battle cause I can't let Sister Workinger know how I feel about
this area. This area has been the hardest I've served in, and I feel
like we're doing everything we need to be doing, but we don't have any
progressing investigators right now. I don't want this to be Sister
Workingers first experience in the mission to get shut down everywhere
she goes. On Saturday when we came in... after all of our appointments
fell through (but we did find back ups!) she went in the room and I
could tell something was wrong. I asked her if she was ok and she told
me that she didn't know if this is where she needed to be. She was
pretty much engaged before she came out and she just left and came here
cause her parents thought she was too young to get married. So she
pretty much was having serious doubts about being here. I have no idea
what advice to give except that I felt the same when i came out. I
remember at the beginning of my mission (I never told y'all this...
haha) but thinking to myself. Ok, I'll just make it to July and then
come home. Because at the beginning of the mission you have no amazing
experiences keeping you here quite yet. It's just your own personal love
of our Savior and our dedication to Him that keeps us here. But I told
her that throughout my mission getting to see others accept the Light of
the Gospel in their lives has changed my life. I told her lots of stuff
I don't even remember, but I hope that something helped. I don't know
if she's hiding it now, or if she's doing better, but she seems to be
doing ok!
I just hope and pray that we can see miracles in this area so she
can have a reason to stay here and get to see peoples lives change like
I've been able to see. I told her that this is the thing that will make
her the happiest in her life.... cause it has been that way for me. Pray
for her! And pray for us that we can find the elect here in Memorial.
I think it's just been hard for me cause I'm really struggling with
this area and I can't let her know that cause I don't want her to have a
harder time. Several of the members here have told us missionaries...
"yeah the missionaries used to be baptizing like 30 converts a year, and
now we haven't had a baptism in several months!" I'm like... great
thank you for your support! haha But it's ok. We're going to keep
working with the members here so they can open up and help us find
people to teach.
I hope y'all missionary work is going great! I want to hear your stories.
Yesterday we dropped by one of our investigators and her husband
was there. He isn't really interested in religion cause it's "too
confusing with all the churches" But we talked to him about the Book of
Mormon and he opened up a lot and wanted to read it. We left him with a
copy and we're praying that he will read it with an open heart and
receive his own answer. Pray for Mike!
Anyways... I''ve got to go write President. But I'm praying for
y'all! I hope you're doing good and if you need anything please let me
know!
I love you!!!!
Erianne
No comments:
Post a Comment