How is my family>?! It sounds like everyone is doing great! I
feel so bad about Grandpas wreck... I hope he is ok!? I think he needs
to move up by yall. I pray for them lots.
Thank you so much for the Valentines Package and the dinner
money!!!! We had a great lunch and enjoyed it! I hope yall had a great
valentines. :)
I just checked my BYU account and there is still no decision made... But I got into BYU Idaho! So we'll see what happens.
Kailey! way to go with the tryouts!!! The offer is still up for us
to be roomies :) Maybe I'll try to come play with you at Dixie.... you
should send them my tape and see if they'll put me in your offer. ;)
haha
Things here are great! This email is going to be shorter cause we
don't have 2 computers so Sister Workinger is waiting to email her
family too. So I'll update you on the most important things...
1. Last week I emailed President about the dream I had about Erica
and Ty (the two converts from South Shore) and the promptings I was
having to see them, and so he called me last wednesday and told me to
set up a two day exchange cause he was feeling I needed to go down there
too to help out a sister who is struggling. On Thursday we exchanged
and I was in shock how lucky I was to start my mission in such a great
area. I didn't realize how beautiful it is down there. We went out to
eat and there were all white people and I felt like I was in a different
world. It's strange how accustomed I got to the city. But anyways, so
we went to go see Erica and Ty. I was freaking out cause I didn't know
what to expect, or how bad they may be. I had heard they went inactive
last year after Sister Atterton left cause they got offended. But I told
Erica of my dream and that I had been thinking of her over and over
again last week. She was shocked because she said just last week she was
praying to come back to church but she didn't know how she could do it.
She recognized her answer and told us she was going to go back. It was
such a tender mercy to be able to see that answer on both ends. Her and
Ty are so great!
I was also able to go see Thomas. He was baptized last May and he
is doing amazing in the church. He told me (very proudly haha) that he
taught Priesthood one sunday and "did awesome!" in his words! Its so fun
to see people progress in the gospel.
2. Brother Romero is getting baptized this coming Saturday! He is
progressing so well. :) We are just praying so hard because tomorrow he
finds out if his cancer is in remission. We are praying that despite the
results he will have the faith to do what Heavenly Father needs him to.
Please keep him in yalls prayers!
3. Yesterday we had a HUGE stake conference broadcast with 76
stakes from Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. President Scott and Eyring
spoke and it was so powerful! President Eyring spoke on covenants and it
was perfect for Brother Romero! Elder Scott spoke on the sanctity of
womanhood. He really honors woman and especially the way he treated his
wife. :)
Well, I don't have a lot of time. Thank yall so much for all that you have done for me! I pray for you every day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment