Hopefully these attachments aren't too large to send. I took the photos on my phone and the lower quality images just looked fuzzy to me. I wanted you to see how wonderful your missionaries looked today. They were pretty fired up after church. We are working hard on some plans to help them stay busy and with all of the new missionary rules they have so many more options that missionaries have not had in the past.
We've designed a system here in our ward that seems to be working quite well and I have communication with our missionaries throughout the week. The weather is perfect here this time of year and our sisters have been blessed to have a car right which is wonderful! That may not always be the case for them but my hope is if we keep them running back and forth enough the mission office will realize how practical it is for them to have that mode of transportation. :-)
It was the fifth Sunday of the month so the Priesthood and Relief Society groups met together today and Bishop taught the lesson on missionary work. Ideas were thrown out from the participants on how we can help our missionaries meet more people now that they no longer go tracting. It was a good class and I think both the elders and the sisters enjoyed the feedback and the level of excitement we are starting to generate on this. We have been so blessed to have them here!
Transfers happen a week from this coming Wednesday... I know it's selfish of me but I'm very much hoping we get to keep all three of our sisters. Sadly I realize the odds are against that but I feel no shame in hoping. They are so dedicated and such an inspiration to me. It's truly been my pleasure to serve with them. I know you'll be getting your typical email tomorrow from them but was hoping these photos would give a little Extra Easter joy for you. I gave all three of them hugs for you. The smiles on their faces I believe are very sincere. They seem to be loving what they are doing. One of our young women in the ward gave her farewell address today. She will soon be serving in California. She's so excited she can hardly stand it and I know she's been going on splits with our now serving missionaries as often as possible the past few weeks and asking for advice from them. As they hugged her today I could see the excitement in all of their eyes. It's truly infectious. God's young army is amazing and their parents have every reason to be so very proud of these children. Thank you for sharing them with us!
Happy Easter from Texas!
-Mindy
P.S. The thumbs up photo was Sister Avery's idea..... it was totally my favorite. So cute! Sister Howard kept giggling and her eyes ended up closed more often then not but this one has all six eyes... all three thumbs and three great smiles. PERFECT!
No comments:
Post a Comment