Yesterday was great! The only thing I would have changed is the HUGE down pour
of rain right after church. It was super hot when we came outside, but 5 minutes
later there were sheets of rain and then hail! It was crazy. The members we were
going to dinner with had an Easter egg hunt set up outside for us, but we weren't
able to do it cause of the rain. Oh well! Maybe next year?
How was
y'alls Easter weekend? Mine was great! I'm grateful Sister Zollinger sent y'all
the pictures of us. She is such a great Relief Society President. We get texts
from her all throughout the week of people to go visit, or asking what we know
about a certain sister and how she can help get her to church. I hope I can be
like her one day.
I loved the Easter package I received. :) Mom, you know me
too well. I love everything in that package. Thanks for not sending too many
sweets... I'm trying to diet haha. My companions aren't much help with that
though. It was Sister Howards birthday on Saturday and it seems like wherever we
went there was cake...
I'm excited about Kailey and Allison getting to
go to Prom together!!! I want to see their pictures. I'm so bummed I won't get
to be there for them to help get them all ready, so you better send lots of
pictures, ok?
So... this may be a little bit shorter of an email since I
just emailed y'all last Wednesday but we'll see how it goes.
Last
Thursday one of our investigators (who is a member referral) invited us to her
sons baseball game. President Ashton has changed the rules on that kind of stuff
so that we can go out and be seen in the community as being normal people too.
We still wear our proselyting clothes, but it was fun being at a sporting event
again. We got a few weird looks but it was great to support this family! They
are totally ready for the gospel, but it's been hard to go teach them cause they
are SO busy. But we're supposed to be seeing them tomorrow so wish us luck to
get in. Their youngest son has pneumonia so we may have to wait a few more days.
On Friday I went into the mission office to register for my BYU
classes. I thought it was going to be a huge long process since I don't really
know what classes I need for Rec Therapy, but they allowed me to call the
counselors at BYU in my department and get help! It was soo helpful and
definitely an answer to my prayers. The girl that answered is actually in the
program so she told me what to take so I'll be on track.
Friday night we had
the 2nd counselor of the mission presidency and his wife come to a lesson with
us since the Muslims have to be interview before they can be taught by us. We
went by his home and he couldn't let us in because of their custom of not
allowing another man in the home with his wife. We were bummed cause this man is
AWESOME! We met him last week and gave him a Book of Mormon and then
coincidentally we ran into him a few days later and he had already read through
2 Nephi. He had some great questions about the Spirit and the God head. We hope
we can try again soon to teach him. It's always hard setting up interviews for
them, but I'm so grateful I've come to know so many Muslims throughout my
mission. They are very very kind people.
On Saturday we went to the
family history center with a less active member and I was looking over my family tree
and there are several names that need to be taken to the temple that are in the
'ready' status. Y'all should take them!!! It got me excited to do family
history. :) And it was really good for Tanya-- the less active-- cause she has
cancer and wants to be able to do all her work for her family before she passes
on. She told us being in there doing their work was so relaxing so she wants to
keep doing it. :) Tanya is Greg's cousin. Speaking of Greg. The missionaries
from San Diego called us last night and told us they were going to visit Greg.
We are hoping and Praying they got in and were able to help him with everything
there. It was kinda surreal to talk to missionaries from another mission. It
made us all realize how big the Lords work is. As we were in finishing up our
night the missionaries in other parts of the world are still going! I love
it!
Sunday we had a joint Priesthood and Relief Society and the Bishop
had all 6 of us missionaries come up and we explained that our mission president
now wants us to go with the members of the church to their kids activities,
sporting events, etc. so that non members can see us more in the community. They
were able to brainstorm ideas of having us come with them, or help with service
projects! We are really excited to see how it all turns out. I'm hoping we get
to stay here... Transfers are next week. :( This transfer went way to fast.
Last night after dinner with the members we had ANOTHER (yes.... the
sacrifices we make to teach the gospel... haha) dinner with an investigator
family we've been teaching (another one that has been hard to teach cause of
their busy schedule). But when we got there they had neighbors there and also
the husband's mother was there from Florida. They were very very standoff-ish
when we walked in and seemed to have no intent to talk with us, but as we sat
over eating at the table the wife of the family we are teaching asked us a
question about our life as a missionary, and then after that all heads turned on
us and question after question came! It was so great! They opened up a ton and
were amazed at what missionaries do. We taught an Easter message and when we
left the neighbor guy said, "I just have to tell yall how courageous I think you
are for coming out here not knowing anyone and coming to random people to share
this message." They opened up a ton! We are going to go stop by their house
again this week and invite them to conference this weekend!
It felt so good
coming out of that lessons! Being a missionary is totally worth it. Even when
you are super tired! The message is true!
I'm grateful for my Savior and
His sacrifice and love for us. He died for us, but He also lives for us! I can't
wait for conference this weekend. :)
I'm grateful for y'all! I love you
so much and pray for you lots. Stay safe if you're traveling this weekend.
PLEASE!
I LOVE YOU!
Sister Avery
No comments:
Post a Comment