I'm dying a little bit right now because today is the start of my last
transfer. I am so sad! BUT I did find out that I'll be staying here in Mission
Bend to finish out my mission!!!! I will also be training a new sister, and
another sister will be joining our companionship that has been struggling with
obeidience.... yep President is making me be the party pooper and help her be
obedient. I'm a little nervous about that, but it'll be good to show her how
much obeidence brings forth the blessings.
This morning Sister Ker and I went to President Ashtons house and he showed
us the transfer board of what will be happening this wednesday at Transfers. It
is AMAZING to see how much effort is put into each one of the decisions on that
board, and how much time he must spend with the Lord trying to decide where each
of us goes. The mission here is exploading! We will be getting 41 new
missionaries this week, and only 12 leave. Shows how much the work is hastening
huh?
We also did a study with him on Unity. The beginning of being unified with
anyone has to start with the Lord. We were talking about how each one of the
apostles has such strong personalities and decisions, but it's never a debate
it's always unified and unanimous.
While we were at Presidents house the missionaries that are going home
started coming in. It made me so sad to see so many of my close friends leave.
President looked at one of the Assistants shoes who is leaving and said, "that
is how you know a missionary worked hard through his mission." (His shoes had
holes all over in the toes and heals). :) Oh the life of a missionary.
Oh! Kailey congrats on your seminary graduation!!! I'm proud of you. :) I
remember how I didn't really care graduating from Seminary, but now I'm really
grateful that I did. One of my companions didn't graduate and she wishes she
did.
BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK!!!!!
The Brother and Sister Velazquez got baptized this weekend!!! They asked me
to give a talk and I was pretty emotional. I feel like I've gotten a pretty hard
shell on my mission and I don't cry to much anymore, but while singing the
opening song I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude come over me because I
knew that was the day I had been praying for my whole mission. To bring a family
unto our Savior! It was such a privledge to see their family sitting there
together with the light of Christ in each of their eyes. I'm so grateful
Heavenly Father lets us be a part of the joy He feels when we come unto
Him.
On sunday night Jessica (Sister Velazquez) came with us to an Investigator
Devotional and she got very emotional when the guy that was speaking started
talking about "His angels--Elder Born and Elder Mortensen-- who saved his family
and brought them the gospel." She looked over at us and had tears streaming down
her cheeks and said, You guys are our angels.
I am so grateful the Lord led us to them. They were so prepared for the
gospel. They are already looking forward to the temple and asked if we would
come. :) Oh man! I love them so much! I just wish they didn't have to experience
opposition so quickly. They called their family on sunday before their
confirmation and told them what they did, and they all think we brainwashed them
and that they are going to brainwash their girls. I know they are strong enough
to resist, but it's still hard seeing them go through it.
Brother Velazquez got interviewed for the Priesthood and he will be
ordained next week and be able to baptize Danielle the next week! That will be a
special day. :)
Today we are going to the allegator park with them! That'll be fun.
Pray for them if you will!
Everything else is going good! We are teaching a kid named Andy. His
girlfriend is a member and she introduced him to the church. He is set to be
baptized on the 8th of June. He has already been to church 2 times and we are
1/2 way done with the lessons. He is a sharp kid.
Thanks for everything you are doing for me! I love you so much and I'm
grateful for you. Please let me know if I can do anything for y'all.
Sister Avery
No comments:
Post a Comment