Welcome!

Erianne is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She is serving in the Texas Houston South mission from Feb 1, 2012-August 2013.

Mission Address: Sister Erianne Avery
Texas Houston South Mission
602 Eldridge Road
Sugar Land, Texas 77478

Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I know that I have the BEST family in the world! I've felt your love and prayers this whole week and I'm so grateful for it. :) I am going to write Debbie Ericson, but in the meantime tell her THANK YOU SO MUCH! Her package meant the world to me, and I couldn't help but cry as I read her card. Please tell her she is such an amazing person and I love her and her family so much. :)
 
How is everyone doing this week? I hope Kailey and Alli's game goes well today! Write me to let me know how it ends up!!! Is state this weekend?
 
Things in the Lords work is never ceasing. This week has actually been the best week I've had with the work in my whole mission, and It's all because of one thing really.... Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ! You know I haven't had an easy week.... and it has probably been one of my roughest weeks I've had in my personal life (funny how you can have the best and worst week in the same week huh?!) but the council I received from the Lord and my mission president has motivated me and my companion to do all we can. I can't wait to tell you of just some of the miracles we were witnesses of this week in our work.
 
Kye got baptized yesterday! :) It was such a tender mercy to see him feel the spirit so strong after not being involved in church for most of his life. His mom is the less active that called us about 2 months ago telling us that she wanted to come back to church and she found the card we left with her boyfriend. It has been so fun to teach Kye. He is 11 years old and has the best questions! As Sister Moreno and I were giving the talk on the Holy Ghost at the baptism  his eyes started tearing up, and we knew he was feeling the spirit. I couldn't help but cry. I knew that He was feeling of our Saviors love. He asked his friend Jonatan (The 8 year old boy I taught that got baptized in June here in Maplewood) to give the closing prayer, and oh man! It was a powerful prayer. He talked about Kyes book of life being clear so he could enter the celestial kingdom, and walking on the straight and narrow path throughout his life! The future leaders of the church are going to be amazing.
 
First off, on tuesday we had our weekly planning and I told Sister Moreno that we had to set high goals for the week cause I wanted to forget myself and get to work. So we had a goal to find 10 new investigators, and have 25 sit-down lessons with investigators and less actives. On Wednesday when we had our transfer interviews with President he was counciling with me about things and I asked him how I could forget myself and the things going on in my life, and he gave me lots of good advice and a blessing, but then he said, "Now go out there and find 10 new investigators!" I asked him if Sister Moreno had told him that was our goal already, and he said no. haha So I knew it must be the Lords will for the week to find those 10 children of his.
And I know it was His will because we were able to find 12 new investigators this past week! We usually only get 3-4 new.... if that. So it was really awesome to see the Hand of the Lord leading us where we needed to be at the exact moment we needed to be there. We were also able to have 30 sit down lessons with mostly investigators! I'm so grateful for our Savior to give us this work, and the opportunity to visit all of these people.
 
I want to share a few experiences of how we found some of our new investigators...
 
1. We were going to go try 2 former investigators at an apartment complex we hadn't been at for a month or so, and before we got out of the car we said a prayer that we could find someone who was ready to accept the gospel at this time before we come back to the car. When we said Amen and opened our eyes a lady was walking right in front of our car and I said to Sister Moreno, "That's her!" She said "who is that?!" and we got out and followed after her while she was talking on her phone (yes..... missionaries are good stockers!... ;) After she hung up we introduced ourselves and she was very nice! She told us she had actually been to our church and she received a Book of Mormon from one of her best friends. After we visited with her she told us she wants to come to our church because that is where her brother goes. It was such a miracle! We are going to see her tonight, so pray for her! Her name is Susie.
 
2. As we were leaving Susie's apartment and about to get into our car we hear a guy yell out to us, so of course we turn around and pretty much run over to him to talk with him. He had 2 daughters outside with him and he wanted to hear what we were out "preaching about". As we were talking another guy and woman came out from his apartment and they told us to come it. So we shared a message with all of them there in their house and they want us to come back! They were very interested in a living prophet today, and so we showed them a media about President Monson. It was awesome to testify about how he is just a normal man called of God to declare his word. They loved it, and we are excited to see the young girls lives change with the gospel a part of their life.
 
3. We also found another investigator by leaving a card with a potential investigator at his house. We get a phone call from a guy and he said, "I just saw you sisters leave this card at our door, and I don't know how interested Kenny is at this time, but I want to learn more! He asked us for the church address and he wants to come because he wants to straighten his life up.
 
It has been so cool to be a witness of all of these this week! We have had so many more miracles happening in our area, and I'm so grateful that I get to serve here!
 
We got transfer calls this morning and Sister Moreno and I are staying here together again!!! I will be here atleast until December, but probably January since Sister Moreno is a spanish sister and will be needed in a spanish area after this. Everyone at church yesterday was asking me if I've talked to everyone in this area yet. :)
 
Have a fun and safe Halloween! I want to see pictures of my nieces and nephews.
 
I love y'all so much!
 
Sister Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment