Yesterday
and today we woke up and it was in the 50's! Ahhh! It can't get cold
yet... we're supposed to be in Texas where it's only cold 2 weeks out of
the year. But maybe I'm just a baby now because we've been in the heat
for so long. haha How's the weather in Utah?
It sounds like everyone is doing well back home! I always get
excited on mondays to hear how everyone is. :) Is there anything I can
do for y'all?
Conference was so great! It's like Christmas in the mission when
conference comes around. Alli said you had cinnamon rolls AND caramel!
I'm jealous. :) Some members in our ward (the stake patriarch and his
wife) took us out to lunch on saturday between sessions and then on
sunday a sister in the ward brought lunch for all the missionaries. That
was really nice. :) I feel like I learned so much from this conference,
I can't wait to get the Ensign.
We saw miracles again this weekend as we were praying to get our
investigators and less actives to conference. Dorothy, one of our
investigators showed up to the Saturday morning sessions. She was there
sitting right next to us when Elder Nelson spoke and kept saying, "if
you don't know..... Ask the Missionaries!" haha Every single time he
said "ask the missionaries" I felt the load on our backs getting heavier
and heavier! haha But it made me excited too cause I know there will be
lots of people with questions. Dorothy said she enjoyed the conference.
She wasn't able to come to any other sessions, and we got a text from
her last night before our appointment with her saying she was going to
her sons house, so I hope she's ok! Pray for her!
Emily Arroyo went to conference in Utah!!! We were excited about that :) She's the RM from Spain that has been inactive.
Cynthia Mitchell and her son Aubrey were able to come. She made my
day when she came up and sat next to me at conference. She leaned over
to me during the first talk and said, " I love you sister Avery! I can't
wait till I get to come visit you in Utah. " :) She talks about coming
out to Utah with me all of the time haha. I hope y'all can meet her one
day.
We also had the WHOLE Vermilyea family at the Sunday morning
conference!!!!!!!! Even Brother Vermilyea!! And he was so happy the
whole time he was there. I asked him after the conference which was his
favorite talk and he said Elder Packer because he said things that he
really needed to hear. That made me glad! I can't wait for Billy to be
baptized in a week, and then see their family be sealed for time and all
eternity! Their family has a special place in my heart. :)
My favorite talk was Elder Uchdorfs and Elder Holland. As both of
them were talking it felt like they were talking directly to me! What
were your favorites?!
I'm trying to think of what else happened this week......
Oh!! Haha If it were up to Charles (our investigator from Africa I
wrote about last week) I'd be married in Africa with him now...... He's
been calling our phone non stop asking for me, and my comp has just been
telling him I'm not available. But the time that I did answer he said,
"Baby, I keep telling you that I love you and you never say it back. Why
are you hurting me like that?" So I explained to him (The zone leaders
and district leaders were right by me) that as missionaries we are here
to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and to focus on that. His response
was,"well God places people in paths so they can find love."
So LONG story short.... he is no longer our investigator. :) And
don't worry I'm safe. The elders have things under control here haha
Well we've been working a lot more in our new area which is by all
of the medical centers, and there are sooo many people from every place
in the world. Especially China and India. It's so cool to get to talk to
people from all over the world. The only problem that we've found is
that everyone is so busy here.... We haven't been able to find any new
investigators in our new area yet, so we've been working with members
and less actives in the area. Last night we made a visit to our AP's
cousin who lives in our area. He served a mission in Austrailia, was AP,
and after him and his wife got sealed in the temple, AND he worked as a
temple worker in the Provo temple while he went to school at BYU. They
are now completely in-active. He is very smart, in fact he just got
hired at Duke University for a Post PHD position, but he wants his names
off the records of the church. He explained that "science disproves all
that the church claims to be true." His poor wife, who is less active
too, I think she still believes and it is breaking her heart to see what
is going to happen to their family. Especially after they have kids. It
makes me sad to see people use their agency in ways like that.
So I've been studying Faith a lot lately, and in zone meeting last
week we did a group study on faith. I got thinking how there are
different kinds of Faith, like for example our faith that the sun will
rise every morning is pretty unshakable right? But how strong is our
Faith in the Savior? How strong is our Faith in His plan for us? You'll
have to study Faith this next week and give me some of your insights as
I'm studying it too. :)
Well we're off to play flag football with our Zone today!
I love you all soo much! Let me know if there is anything I can do for y'all
Erianne
No comments:
Post a Comment